Experience New Growth and Transformation in Your Spiritual Walk.
Are you experiencing a hunger to know God more completely in your life? Do you long for a deeper connection with him? If so, then the NIV Spiritual Renewal Bible – the recipient of the 1999 ECPA Gold Medallion Award – is for you. Using a time-tested process honed over decades of counseling and teaching, Stephen Arterburn employs 7 core principles of spiritual renewal and refreshment, connecting you more closely with God’s Spirit through his Word and helping you to develop the deep, satisfying change you desire in your spiritual life.
- 66 book introductions focused on the thematic study and spiritual renewal aspects of each Bible book
- Text notes highlight renewal themes as they emerge from the text of the Bible
- Multi-feature character profiles assess how different personalities managed different challenges in their walk with God
- Spiritual keys devotional reading plan: Two cycles (OT and NT) of 49 devotions each lead the reader through 7 keys of spiritual renewal with 7 devotions for each key
- Spiritual disciplines essays that describe the various disciplines of the faith such as prayer, Scripture reading, and others
- Spiritual disciplines profiles: one-page articles that describe how certain characters of the Bible employed the various Spiritual disciplines in their lives
There are a lot of aspects to God’s word. Scripture has layer after layer of truths to be gleaned from her many books and centuries of history. Study Bibles abound, whether focusing on the literary aspects of the book, on the grand-Gospel-narrative, or whether simply making it readable for those new to the faith and overflowing with questions. Whether that said, the launch of a new study Bible begs the question — is it necessary?
I think that it is. Just like I opened my thoughts with, there are many facets to God’s Word and her truths cannot be summarized in a single book or study Bible. I think that our generation is dying spiritual and the discussion housed in the NIV Spiritual Renewal Study Bible is an important one for everyone, weathered believers and new believers alike. The Study Bible is easy to read, notes are adapted from the NIV translation, and includes multiple aids for regular time in the Word. This is not to be likened to the heavy discussions that say the ESV or NIV Study Bibles take on. This is in no way parallel to the NIV Archaeological Study Bible. This is a book to encourage us to get our minds out of the way and place the Spirit and the work of the Spirit front and center.
I would encourage you to consider adding the NIV Spiritual Renewal Study Bible to your library if you haven’t yet already done so.
The NIV Spiritual Renewal Study Bible was provided free from BookLook with my promise to provide an unbiased summary/review.